Have you ever calculated how much cost and effort do you waste doing the same thing repeatedly? The Anatomy of Work Index research says that employees spend nearly 60% of their time on “work about work”. Routine duties hamper the production of the organization. There are always recurring operations that someone considers tedious procedures. They are usually known as business procedures, regardless of what industry you are working in. Onboarding staff or clients, discovering data, creating contracts, checking documents – these are all examples. Companies use automation technologies to reduce repetitive operations, eliminate errors, and save operational expenses. Let’s discover what BPM is and how Jira might aid in the organization of repetitive tasks.
1. What is BPM (Business Process Management), and why is it important?
A business process is a series of procedures that must be performed to accomplish a particular business goal. Business Process Management (BPM) begins with an analysis and an attempt to improve those processes. What, when, why, how, and who conducts work are all addressed by BPM.
Why is business process management so important?
- To cut down on time spent on routine work
- To bring individuals and departments together around a common goal
- To reduce the chance of missing critical functions
- To eliminate human error and misunderstanding
- To ensure that procedures are monitored in a transparent manner
BPM approaches allow you to assess how often a task is completed and how long it takes to do that. It will enable you to calculate your organization’s entire cost and value.
2. How to use Jira Cloud to organize business operations
Now let’s look into Jira and the tools provided to help you improve your procedures. Check out the ways below if you’re using the Cloud version.
2.1. Jira Cloud Automation
Jira automation is a free feature integrated into the software. You may use it to automate your job, track and manage your automation actions, and construct a more complex workflow than the default. It may take some time for beginners to organize processes properly. Learn more on automation of process management.
Limits on the number of requests are one of the hazards. When you build up multiple forms of automation for different departments, the automation may eventually stop working. It might disrupt the Jira process. Furthermore, it only allows for optimizing particular aspects of the process, not the entire process.
2.2. Third-party add-ons for free
Through repositories, you may construct automation rules to integrate and automate your processes. Bitbucket and Jira integration, for example, provides for the automation of time-consuming operations.
2.3. Add-ons from the Marketplace
- Add-ons that let you build form templates and choose which form to use when creating an issue (e.g., ProForma: Forms & Checklist for Jira). However, it’s easy to become lost in a sea of forms, and you’ll have to start over with each assignment and manually select the form.
- Users can develop templates for specific tasks using add-ons. It is only helpful in the case of a small number of repetitive operations, as most company processes consist of more than one task.
- Add-ons that allow you to create task templates with subtasks (for example, Jira Issue Templates). You’ll need to look at other options if you want to keep track of each running task in real-time.
- Add-ons that allow you to construct a process template and run it whenever you need them (e.g., Business Process Manager).
3. An example of a business process created with BPM
SaaSJet team has developed Business Process Manager to make each of the systematic procedures convenient and team-friendly. You don’t need any further expertise or studies to manipulate the program. The entire process contains all of the tasks required to complete it.
Let’s make an Employee Background Check process template to understand better how it works. Background checks on job candidates and employees are a great way to uncover any issues that could harm your company. Standardization and following the processes are essential for successful verification.
Process management steps to take:
1. Begin with the template.
You’ll have a standard Employee Background Check template after installing the add-on. To begin the procedure, press the Start button.
2. Make changes to the template to suit your needs.
Add steps to make the process unique to your business.
3. Assign responsibilities to the person in charge and the appropriate group.
Collaborate with various people and departments as you go through the process.
4. Real-time monitoring of processes
You can monitor the progress and keep everything under control once the process has been completed.
5. To examine the Employee Background, get an archive of all running processes in this template.
6. Make changes if it’s needed.
Make modifications as soon as they are required. When you start the next step, the changes will take effect.
7. Organize access permissions
Create processes that are only visible to those that require them. Access rights safely protect all data.
Employees’ productivity suffers due to repeating the same task, which leads to frequent errors and poor work quality. That’s why it’s critical to evaluate your workflow and select the best technology for streamlining your business procedures.
Do you use any of the Atlassian solutions mentioned above in your company? Please tell us about your experience.