Would you like to board a plane if it hadn’t undergone the required safety checks? Standard operating procedures in Jira (Jira SOP) have been developed to solve this issue. Whether for employee onboarding or meeting ISO requirements, businesses should maintain organization and adhere to the rules. Let’s try to use Jira tools to make this process less complicated and painful. We’ll give you a sample SOP for churn prevention that you may use or modify as necessary.
What does SOP mean? Why do you need it?
A standard operating procedure (SOP) is a set of instructions you should follow to finish a particular operational duty. Industry standards or procedures that the corporation independently has established are two examples.
A few tips to start with the standard operating procedure
- Select the presentation format for your SOP. Consider what details you want to display.
- Pick a structure for your SOP. Will it be a short guide or a lengthy one?
- Define the parameters of your procedures. Know when the process starts and when it stops.
- List every necessary step.
- Test the process to identify any potential hazards and enhance each step.
- Implement SOP.
How to configure Jira SOP and SOP in Confluence?
SOPs are frequently time-consuming for employees. That has a purpose. Who will like it with all the creation, editing, printing, waiting for approvals, storing, etc.?
Several businesses use Confluence as their SOP framework, quality management, and document management system. Confluence helps you to:
- Organize and arrange documents on related pages.
- Control permissions and accesses.
- Multi-user real-time document editing.
- Ability to export in a variety of formats.
Confluence pages may natively connect to Jira. As a result, Jira tickets that require creating, revising, or removing SOP in Confluence can be generated to accomplish documentation management.
How can Jira BPM help to automate SOPs?
The Business Process Manager (BPM) is designed to maximize profits while minimizing costs. It makes managing your SOP templates simple. You can create a form with the necessary steps for your standard operating processes and assign it as a Jira issue to the appropriate team member and project.
There is a built-in solution for approvals, so there is no need to search for any management members to get their approvals.
Churn Prevention SOP Template
First, discuss the necessary processes and establish a plan for dealing with Churn Prevention. Create a process template, adding all the required stages and organizing them into a quick search.
We have such groups of stages in our example:
- Preparation (Record basic details).
- Analyze the product’s use ( how they use your product, identify critical points of value, quantify the impact of cancellation, and determine ways to increase value).
- Reach out to the client (call the customer, decide the reasons for leaving).
- Process the collected data (note essential information from the conversation and send it to appropriate managers).
Drag and drop form items, checklists, and fields to each stage to add the necessary information.
Each issue and project where the task is created should have an Assignee.
Add Approval if any of the processes call for the relevant confirmation. It can be one individual or a group of chosen users. The first approver will be assigned to the issue as soon as the user submits the filled-out form, where he has the option to accept or reject. The assignee will switch between users if you add more than one approver.
We advise using a Blocker if you need to create more tasks when the earlier issues have been resolved.
Deadlines are yet another crucial component when engaging with consumers to prevent churn. Add a Due Date to ensure that the assignment is finished on time.
Follow the status of the process in real time and act immediately to avoid delays.
Configure the automation that will start your process in response to the selected trigger (for example, unsubscribe request).
In Jira, a Churn Prevention template has been created in this manner. You can get it in a few button clicks, customized to meet your needs, or altered to meet the SOP requirements of your organization.
If you don’t automate a SOP, it takes a lot of work to put it together. Finding the right instrument will help to speed up the process, cut down on time, and increase efficiency. Consider using one of the BPM templates. Have you already used the Business Process Manager add-on to organize SOP? If not, set a demo-call with our product manager to get an assistance.